Home

HMS Leander (1885) CC  (4th)

    
This the fourth ship to carry the name HMS Leander was the name ship of a class of four a second class cruisers.

Built by Napier of Glasgow, laid down 14-Jun-1880, launched 28-Oct-1882, and completed 29-May-1885.

Moved to the China station from 1886 to 1896. returned to the UK based at Chatham until 1997 when she returned to the Pacific until 1901.

Conversion to a destroyer depot ship took from 1902-04 and on completion served in the Mediterranean. Then it was on the the Atlantic 1905, the Nore 1906, Devonport 1907-14, the Grand Fleet 1914-19.

Final service was at Devonport and she paid off and was sold 01-Jul-1920.

 

Other HMS Leander
- 1st  HMS Leander
- 2nd HMS Leander
- 3rd HMS Leander
- 4th HMS Leander
- 5th HMS Leander
- 6th HMS Leander

- Leander Class (1885) CC
- Specifications
- Ships
- Plans/Schematics
- Pictures
- Full Battle Honours

Outside Links
- Official Website
- Associated Sites
- Related Sites

c.
This page last edited - 01 February, 2013.

Copyright Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.