HMS Black Prince (1862) BB (3rd)
HMS Black Prince the second British battleship to be ordered was built by Napier, of
Greenock. Laid down 12-Oct-1859 launched 27-Feb-1861 and completed
12-Sep-1862, at a cost of £377,954.
She served in the Channel Fleet from 1862 to 1866;
Renamed HMS Emerald (1904).
Sold in 1923 after sixty one years service.
|s, c, b|
This page last edited -
02 July, 2012.
Copyright © Ian M King, except where otherwise indicated.